Throughout the year, the Office of Career Development offers on-on-one appointments, as well as numerous on-campus recruiting events with organizations from government, public, non-profit, and private sectors. These events provide you an opportunity to meet and interact with hiring managers, recruiters, and alumni to discuss desired skills, hiring processes, employment opportunities, and position requirements. See our policies below:
- Requesting an Appointment
- Walk-In Sessions
- Appointment Cancellations
- No-Show Policy
- On-Campus Recruitment Policies
1st year/2nd year/PhD students/alumni: 45 minutes
- Note: Once you submit your request, the appointment is only pending and not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email that your appointment has been approved.
- Students are able to request only one (1) appointment at a time. To request an additional appointment, students must wait until after the upcoming appointment ends.
- Appointments can be made as early as two weeks in advance, and is contingent upon each career coach's availability.
Please be flexible when requesting, as sometimes appointments might be moved. On occasion, a career coach may be called away from the office, necessitating the rescheduling of an appointment. The Office respects our students' time and will make every effort to provide advance notice should the need to reschedule arise. Please make sure to include your telephone number when making an appointment for this reason.
Mock Interview Sessions
Interviewing is a learned skill. The more you practice, the more comfortable you will be. Mock interviews are a good way to experience realistic interviews in a safe and stress-free environment. These sessions are one (1) hour long (30 minutes for behavioral interview questions and 30 minutes for feedback), with two (2) coaches. You must bring two (2) copies of your resume to the session.