Throughout the year, the Office of Career Development offers on-on-one appointments, as well as numerous on-campus recruiting events with organizations from government, public, non-profit, and private sectors. These events provide you an opportunity to meet and interact with hiring managers, recruiters, and alumni to discuss desired skills, hiring processes, employment opportunities, and position requirements. See our policies below:
- Requesting an Appointment
- Walk-In Sessions
- Appointment Cancellations
- No-Show Policy
- On-Campus Recruitment Policies
One-on-one appointments are available for students to receive career-related advice. Current students and alumni must request appointments through RSPH Career Connection. See Student Toolkit for instructions.
1st year/2nd year/PhD students/alumni: up to 45 minutes
- Once an appointment is booked, you’ll receive a confirmation email and a reminder 24- hours prior to the appointment.
- Students are able to request only one appointment at a time. You can schedule another appointment after your appointment ends.
- Appointments can be made as early as two weeks in advance and are contingent upon career coaches' availability.
- You have up to 24 hours before your appointment to cancel. Within 24 hours, you need to send a cancellation email directly to your career coach.
If you have an urgent issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Student Urgent Request", so a coach can be notified to reach out to you to provide assistance. Urgent should not be the result of poor planning.
Mock Interview Sessions
Interviewing is a learned skill. The more you practice, the more comfortable you will be. Mock interviews are a good way to experience realistic interviews in a safe and stress-free environment. These sessions are one hour long (30 minutes for behavioral interview questions and 30 minutes for feedback), with two coaches. Please bring two copies of your resume to the session.