Global Field Experience
Travel with purpose and embark on a Global Field Experience. Open to all Rollins MPH and MSPH students, this program allows students to apply the knowledge they have learned in the classroom at low-resource or high-disparity settings around the globe.
Students have traveled to more than 70 countries worldwide through various GFEs. Besides the memories made and the experience gained, students can use their GFE to fulfill practicum requirements, or to serve as the topic of their thesis or capstone projects.
Learn more about the GFE program by reading the following article: From Albania to Zimbabwe: Surveying 10 Years of Summer Field Experiences at the Rollins School of Public Health
Global Field Experience:
- Are a minimum of six weeks
- Open to all Rollins MPH and MSPH students from all departments
- Can take place at any time—though most students complete their GFE in the summer between their first and second year
- Could include projects ranging from HIV counseling and testing, to food consumption patterns, and avian flu
- Presents opportunities to collaborate with organizations like CARE, Unicef, the World Health Organization, International Federation of the Red Cross, and more
- Speaking with representatives at the Thesis Fair in the fall
- Contacting specific organizations directly
- Connecting with faculty members conducting work outside of the United States.
- Networking with Rollins international students and with returning GFE students