Welcome Friends and Family
Family and Friends can tune in on the day of the event to view the live ceremony!
Schedule of Events
Please visit our Commencement Schedule page for detailed time information of the diploma ceremony.
Transportation & Parking
While there are several parking structures located throughout campus, we strongly encourage parking at the Michael Street Parking Deck which is located directly behind the School. You can find driving directions to the Michael Street Parking Deck here: Directions and Maps.
Important Notes About Parking:
- Please be aware Emory does not have parking facilities for RVs, buses, or over-sized vehicles.
- The main-gate entrance to the Emory Campus (near North Decatur & Oxford roads) is reserved for passenger drop-off only (between the Administration Building and White Hall at the West Entrance of the Quadrangle). Please use Clifton Road for access to the majority of campus parking decks.
- As a courtesy to the businesses operating around Emory, and residents in the adjacent neighborhoods, please do not park in any of these areas:
- SunTrust Bank lot on North Decautur Road
- All Emory Village business parking lots (particularly the CVS lot)
- All Emory Point on Clifton Rd (business or residential)
- Neighborhood streets
- Emory Clinic and Lowergate North parking decks (these decks are not free and are needed for patients visiting the medical facilities)
- All parking regulations are strictly enforced. Your car may be booted or towed. On campus, please do not park in any spaces marked no-parking, 24 Hour Reserved, carpool, or Service Vehicles Only.
Family or Friends with Disabilities
For those attending only the Commencement Exercises on the Quadrangle or the Diploma Ceremony on McDonough Field, you may find it beneficial to park at the Oxford Road Parking Deck, which is reserved specifically for guests with mobility concerns and disabilities. For those attending both of the day's events you may find it beneficial to park at the Michael Street Parking Deck. All parking decks have disability parking available and shuttles will be running continuously between parking decks and the Quadrangle and, beginning at 12:00 p.m., from the Rollins School of Public Health to McDonough Field. Please note that seating at the Diploma Ceremony on McDonough Field will not be available until 1:00 p.m. All shuttles are equipped to carry wheelchairs. We do not recommend that guests with mobility concerns park at the Fishburne Parking Deck because it does not have an elevator or shuttle service. Emory does not provide wheelchair rental service.
For additional information on Disability Services, please visit this page.
Bringing International Family
International visitors typically need a B-2 visa if attending commencement on a short visit to the U.S. For some countries and consulates, an invitation letter from Emory University is required.
To request a letter from Emory’s Office of International Student and Scholar Services or for further information, please visit the ISSS Bringing Your Family page.
For more information about about the visa process visit the US Department of State website.
Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is the nearest airport to Emory University (approximately 25 minutes by car). Visit Emory's Airport Information page for information on transportation options from the airport.
Emory Cliff Shuttles
Free shuttle service is available from all parking areas to the main campus Quadrangle and to event venues. Look for the "Cliff" shuttle stops and view the special Commencement-day shuttle service map when it is available. Guests who cannot walk easily should travel from the Quadrangle to diploma ceremonies using Emory shuttles.
Maps and Directions
The Rollins School of Public Health is located at 1518 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30322. You can find map and directions information by visiting the Maps and Directions page. There you will find Rollins location information, directions on how to get to Rollins, and other public transit resources. Additionally, on this page you can find links for visitor information (which includes a list of local hotels) and traveling to Atlanta.
Inclement Weather Plan
In case of inclement weather, a message will be posted on the RSPH Diploma Ceremony website noting the change in venue.