2018: Professor of the Year, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
2017: Excellence in Teaching Award, Department of Environmental Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
2015: NIEHS Paper of the Month (March 2015): Richardson JR, Taylor MM, Shalat SL, Guillot TS, Caudle WM, Hossain MM, Mathews TA, Jones SR Cory-Slechta DA, Miller GW. Developmental pesticide exposure reproduces features of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. FASEB 2015 May; 29: 1960-72.
2013: NIEHS Paper of the Month (April 2013): Bradner JM, Suragh TA, Wilson WW, Lazo CR, Stout KA, Kim HM, Wang MZ, Walker DI, Pennell KD, Richardson JR, Miller GW, Caudle WM (2013). Exposure to the polybrominated diphenyl ether mixture DE-71 damages the nigrostriatal dopamine system: role of dopamine handling in neurotoxicity. Exp Neurol. 2013 Mar;241:138-47
2008: NIEHS Paper of the Year 2007: W. M. Caudle et al., (2007) Reduced vesicular storage of dopamine causes progressive nigrostriatal neurodegeneration. The Journal of Neuroscience, 27 (30): 8138-8148.
Caudle Lab Website: http://caudlelabemory.weebly.com/
Areas of Interest
- Adolescent Health/Child Health
- Neurologic Conditions
- BS 1998, Colorado State University
- PhD 2007, Emory University
- Postdoctoral Fellow 2010, University of Washington
- EH 520: Human Toxicology
- EHS 740: Molecular Toxicology
- EH 523: Neurotoxicology
- EH 500D: Persp In Environmental Hlth
- EH 500D: Persp In Environmental Hlth
Affiliations & Activities
In addition to my primary appointment in the Department of Environmental Health, I am also part of the Neuroscience Program in the Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences (GDBBS), a member of the Center for Neurodegenerative Disease (CND), and have an appointment in the Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology Program in the undergraduate college. These appointments allow me to take advantage of the world-class research resources available in these departments to create a unique integration of neuroscience and toxicology and investigate the contribution of environmental chemicals to neurological disease.
For a full list of up to date publications, visit my Google Scholars page.
- Bradner JM, Suragh TA, Wilson WW, Lazo CR, Stout KA, Kim HM, Wang MZ, Walker DI, Pennell KD, Richardson JR, Miller GW, Caudle WM., 2013, Exposure to the polybrominated diphenyl ether mixture DE-71 damages the nigrostriatal dopamine system: role of dopamine handling in neurotoxicity., Experimental Neurology, 241, 138-147
- Caudle WM, Guillot TS, Lazo CR, Miller GW., 2012, Industrial toxicants and Parkinson's disease., Neurotoxicology, 33(2), 178-188
- Caudle, W.M., Bammler, T.K., Lin, Y., Pan, S., and Zhang, J., 2010, Using “omics” to define pathogenesis and biomarkers of Parkinson’s disease. , Expert Reviews in Neurotherapeutics, 10, 925-942
- Caudle, W.M., Colebrooke, R.E., Emson, P.C., and Miller, G.W. , 2008, Altered vesicular storage in Parkinson’s disease: A premature demise. , Trends in Neurosciences, 31, 303-308
- Caudle, W.M., Richardson, J.R., Wang, M.Z., Shepherd, K.R., Guillot, T.S., McCormack, A.L., Colebrooke, R.E., Di Monte, D.A., Emson, P.C., and Miller, G.W., 2007, Reduced vesicular storage of dopamine causes progressive nigrostriatal neurodegeneration. , Journal of Neuroscience, 27, 8138-8148
- Richardson, J.R., Caudle, W.M., Wang, M.Z., Dean, E.D., Pennell, K.D., and Miller, G.W. , 2006, Developmental exposure to the pesticide dieldrin alters the dopamine system and increases neurotoxicity in an animal model of Parkinson’s disease., FASEB Journal, 20, 1695-1697
- Caudle, W.M., Richardson, J.R., Wang, M.Z., Delea, K.C., Guillot, T. S., Pennell, K.D., and Miller, G.W. , 2006, Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)-induced reduction of dopamine transporter expression as a precursor to Parkinson’s disease-associated dopamine toxicity. , Toxicological Sciences , 92, 490-499