Email email@example.com for any questions/concerns.
The RSGA offers limited funding for current MPH, MSPH, and Career MPH students to attend professional conference related to public health. Please read the below rules and qualifications carefully:
- A limited amount of funds are available; therefore, a maximum of 30 conference support reimbursements are available per school year, with a maximum of $200 available per student (depending on conference costs).
- No more than one qualifying trip will be reimbursed during a student’s tenure at Rollins School of Public Health.
- In order to be eligible for funding, students must be enrolled in RSPH coursework and must not receive any funding towards conference attendance from any other source. Graduates in Residence status does not meet the coursework requirement. If you find an alternative source of funding after you are approved for Rollins SGA reimbursement, you must notify Rollins SGA immediately so your promised funds can be made available to another student.
- Travel, lodging, registration fees, and poster preparation are examples of qualifying expenses.
- If you receive Rollins SGA support for a conference at which you are presenting, sponsorship by the Rollins SGA should be acknowledged in your presentation.
- Please note that any travel expenses submitted for reimbursement must be compliant with the Emory Guidelines below:
- Domestic travel guidelines:
- International travel guidelines:
APPLICATION AND REIMBURSEMENT PROCESS
- Complete the Pre-Conference Funding Application
- Email this document to current RSGA Secretary with the document name “[Last Name] Conference Support Application” at the appropriate address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This document must be submitted a minimum of one month prior to your attendance of the conference.
- Please note that you will need to pay all conference expenses up-front; make sure to hold on to the original, itemized receipts of all conference payments that you would like to be considered for reimbursement.
- Once the RSGA Secretary, Treasurer, and President have reviewed your application, you will be contacted regarding the approval of your requests.
- If you are approved for funding, print a hard copy of your Conference Application. Place Pre-Conference approval form in the Conference Reimbursement folder located outside of the RSGA Office, GCR 136.
- If you are approved for funding, type and print the following forms and submit in a paper-clipped packet to the Conferences Folder located on the wall outside the RSGA office within one month of the conference:
- Post-Conference Report
- Original, itemized receipts totaling your pre-approved reimbursement amount
- Proof you attended the conference (e.g. name badge, agenda etc.)
- The RSGA Treasurer will review your documentation for completeness, and contact you if any documents are missing. Once your paperwork is complete, the treasurer will forward your reimbursement package to the Student Governance Office for further processing. From there it can take up to 4 weeks until funds are deposited into your account.
- Please email the email@example.com account if you have any questions about your post-conference reimbursement.
DEADLINES & APPLICATION REVIEW
- Application deadlines are rolling, however you must apply for conference reimbursement at least 1 month prior to the conference you wish to attend.
- Applications are due by the 5th day of the month for consideration in that month’s review. For example, if you wish to attend a conference on December 10, you must submit an application by November 5.
- Applications will be reviewed by the RSGA President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The criteria under review are completion of application and relevance of conference to student’s work and goals in public health. You will be notified of the funding decision within 10 business days of your complete application submission. For example, if you wish to attend a conference on December 10, you must submit an application by November 5, and you will be notified of the decision by November 18.