The RSGA offers limited funding for current MPH, MSPH, and Executive MPH students to attend professional conferences related to public health. Travel, lodging, registration fees, and poster preparation are examples of qualifying expenses.
A limited amount of funds are available. Therefore, a maximum of 30 conference support reimbursements are available per school year, with a maximum of $200 available per student. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis, and an average of five recipients will be selected each month. No more than one qualifying trip will be reimbursed during the student’s tenure at Rollins.
To be eligible for funding, students must be enrolled in coursework and must not receive any funding toward conference attendance from any other source. Graduate-in-residence status does not meet the coursework requirement. Please note that any travel expenses submitted for reimbursement must be compliant with the Emory guidelines below.
If you receive RSGA support for a conference at which you are presenting, sponsorship by the RSGA should be acknowledged in your presentation. All students receiving RSGA conference support are required to submit the post-conference report form on page 3 at the time that receipts are submitted for reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY
- Access the conference support instructions, application, and post-conference report here. Read the instructions document and follow them utilizing the forms within the Google Drive folder.
- Email RSGA Secretary Naja Sobers email@example.com with any questions. Please read the instructions carefully before doing so, as they answer nearly all reimbursement application questions.
DEADLINES & APPLICATION REVIEW
- Application deadlines are rolling, and you must apply for conference reimbursement at least 1 month prior to the conference you wish to attend.
- Applications are due by the fifth day of the month for consideration in that month’s review. Decisions will be made within 10 business days of your submitted application. For example, if you wish to attend a conference on December 10, you must submit an application by November 5. You will receive a decision by November 19.
- Applications will be reviewed by the president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer of the RSGA executive board. Review criterion are: completion and relevance of conference to student’s work and goals in public health.