Preparing for your Visit
Wondering where to stay or in need of detailed directions to RSPH? Look no further!
Housing with a Current Student
Check back in the upcoming months for more infromation on sign up information!
The Rollins SGA offers the distinct experience of housing with a current student to admitted students attending Visit Emory. This is an opportunity for one to really experience what it is like to live in Atlanta and gain some further insight about life at Rollins from a current student.
A few notes about the housing with a current student:
- All graduate housing at Emory is off-campus. Many of our current students live in the immediate area so you can quickly and easily commute to the campus.
- This housing opportunity is only available for visiting students who are traveling alone or would like to make individual lodging arrangements.
- Spaces are limited so early registration is encouraged.
- Please note that hosts are not responsible for transportation or food.
- Our current students will offer housing accommodations on Thursday (all day and Thursday night) and/or Friday (all day and Friday night).
- Please also carefully consider your time of arrival and departure and make certain those times are during normal working hours (between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.). It is more likely that we can match you with a current who can accommodate you during normal working hours.
We encourage you to explore local hotels that are close to the Emory campus. The Rollins School of Public Health/Emory University does not endorse or represent any brand or company listed. The hotels listed are intented to be a starting point for your own research for lodging. They can be found here.
Need some help getting from the Airport to Emory? These resources will help!
Getting to Rollins
While RSPH does not offer shuttle/transportation services to and from the airport, there are a few transportation options you have:
Taxi: Follow the signs to Ground Transportation. Taxi fare from the airport is typically $40-45 one-way. You should ask the cab driver to take you to the Emory University Rollins School of Public Health (1518 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322) if you will be coming directly to the school first. Allow at least one hour travel time during weekday rush hours (7:00-9:00 am and 3:30-7:00 pm). For a listing of taxi companies in the area, please visit the following site: http://apps.atl.com/Passenger/GroundTransportation/Default.aspx
Shuttle: The cost from the airport to campus is approximately $35 one-way ($50 round trip), with lower fares depending on your pick-up/drop-off location. A listing of additional shuttle services can be found on the following website: http://apps.atl.com/Passenger/GroundTransportation/Default.aspx
MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority): Follow the signs to MARTA near Ground Transportation. The cost is $2.50 one-way and this price does not include the $1.00 Breeze Ticket you must also purchase. Please plan to have at least $4.00 allocated both to and from the airport if you are using MARTA. Take any train northbound to the Lindbergh MARTA station. The train ride from the airport to the Lindbergh station takes approximately 35 minutes. These trains run every 10-15 minutes between 4:35am and 1:00am. At the Lindbergh station, transfer to the "#6-Emory" bus. The bus ride from Lindbergh station to Emory takes approximately 20 minutes. Ask the bus driver to let you off on Clifton Rd in front of Emory University School of Public Health, if you will be coming directly to the school first. Bus departure times may be found on the MARTA Website (http://www.itsmarta.com/). Outside of bus departure times it will be necessary to take a taxi.
Getting Around Our Campus
Emory Cliff Shuttle
Getting Around Atlanta
Atlanta Public Transit (MARTA)
Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
Make sure to pack for the weather!