Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions and we have answers!
- How do I know if I have properly submitted my registration?
- What will I need when I check in?
- How do you suggest I proritize my visit on Thursday, particularly?
- Should I bring my resume or CV?
- What is the attire?
- Is there a place for me to store my luggage?
- Will housing with a current student be off-campus?
- What will be the length of my stay with a current student?
- If I am driving to campus, will parking be available?
- Is there anything else I could do to prepare for Visit Emory?
- What if I am unable to attend?
When you arrive, please check in at our registration table located in the Plaza Lobby of the Claudia Nance Rollins Building and offer us your name. Upon checking in, you will receive the following:
- An individualized schedule (Thursday participants only) with your registration selections
- A name tag
- A welcome bag with the VE program, research fair guide, a coffee ticket for Thursday, and parking validation(s).
No additional verification is required to check in.
For instance if you are unable to attend the Campus Crossings Housing Tour, you can meet the representatives from that community (and other apartment communities!) during the SGA Student Organization and Resources Fair on Thursday afternoon. Additionally, residential and housing information is also included in your online Visit Emory packet. Finally, you can arrange a time on your own to visit local area housing communities. Many of them are only a Cliff Shuttle ride away!
The Housing Tour alternatives is just one example of how you can still gather the information you are seeking while participating in activities you feel will be more beneficial to you. Ask yourself the following questions as you sign up for certain activities:
- What must I experience in order to know if Emory is the best fit for me?
- Can I find viable alternatives to certain activities? Will those alternatives offer me the information I need?
- What are my expectations for this visit?
- Will this activity be repeated or will there be an opportunity for me to experience this activity on my own time?
- A light sweater or jacket (some areas may be cooler than others)
- An umbrella (in case of rain)
- Comfortable shoes (The two days are filled with activities that require walking or standing).
For those arriving on Thursday or Friday directly from the airport, you are invited to store your luggage in the Office of Admission and Student Services until 6:00 p.m. We are located on the 1st Floor of the Grace Crum Rollins Building in Suite 164. A Student Ambassador or Staff member will be available to assist you. Please be sure to make arrangements to pick up your luggage at or before 6:00 p.m.
Please note that hosts are not responsible for transportation or food.