Guide to Applying
Learn more about the steps involved in applying for financial aid at RSPH.
Students interested in receiving financial aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible. The FAFSA is not only used for the awarding of federal loans but also for our Rollins Earn and Learn (REAL) practical experience work program. REAL and other institutional aid is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis according to the completion date of the FAFSA, so completing the FAFSA early maximizes the opportunities for receiving funding from RSPH.
You can complete the application beginning October 1, 2019.
- The Office of Financial Aid begins packaging awards for admitted students in March.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the FAFSA well in advance to allow time for processing.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks after you submit your aid application to receive a notification.
- Check your OPUS To Do List often to see if the Office of Financial Aid needs more information from you to complete your financial aid file.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply for financial aid within the timeframes given.
- Merit -based scholarships are awarded directly by the Rollins School, and your SOPHAS application must be completed and verified by the absolute deadline of January 6, 2020.
- Please also note, as a point of information only, that while students in other schools at Emory University are also asked to complete the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE application, the PROFILE application is NOT used for Rollins School of Public Health Students, and need not be completed.
Award notifications are made via email to your official email account designated in OPUS beginning in March and continue on a rolling basis until all students have been notified. Some email programs may place these emails in a Bulk, Trash, or Quarantine folder rather than your Inbox, so you will want to ensure that firstname.lastname@example.org is an accepted sender.
Some financial aid awards require further action and must be either accepted or declined. To complete this part of the award process, select the Finances link in OPUS and proceed to View/Accept My Financial Aid.