Wenting Huang is a doctoral student in the Department of Behavioral, Social, and Health Education Sciences. She is broadly interested in infectious disease prevention, sexual and reproductive health, and implementation science. She is currently working under Dr. Aaron Siegler’s mentorship on scaling-up HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis for MSM, and contextualizing COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy among underrepresented population.
Wenting completed her Bachelor in Medicine at Wuhan University and Master of Science at Global Health in Duke Kunshan University. Wenting previously serves as research associate and program coordinator in UNC Project-China in multiple novel interventions to promote sexual health.
Areas of Interest
- Behavior and Health
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
- Implementation Science
- Infectious Disease
- Bachelors of Medicine 2015, Wuhan University
- Master of Science 2017, Duke Kunshan University
Affiliations & Activities
BSHES Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) committee – mentorship working group
- Huang, W., Lockard, A., Kelley, C.F., Serota, D.P., Rolle, C.M., Sullivan, P.S., Rosenberg, E.S., Siegler, A.J., 2022, From Declining PrEP to PrEP initiation as “First Nature” – What Changes PrEP Initiation Decisions among Young, Black MSM, AIDS Care, 34,
- Huang, W., Wang, L., Mi, G., Zahn, R.J., Taussig, J., Peterson, S.R., Baral, S., Moore, R.H., Huang, X., Hou, J. and Sullivan, P.S. , 2021, HIV incidence among men who have sex with men in mainland China: a systematic review protocol, Systematic Reviews, ,
- Li K.T., Tang W., Wu D., Huang W., Wu F., Lee A., Pan S.W., Han L., Mak V., Yang L., Tucker J. D. , 2019, Pay-it-forward dual gonorrhea/chlamydia test uptake among men who have sex with men in China: A pragmatic, quasi-experimental study, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, 19, 76-82
- Huang W., Long H., Li J., Tao S., Zheng P., Tang S., Abdullah A. S., 2018, Delivery of public health services by community health workers (CHWs) in primary health care settings in China: a systematic review (1996–2016), Global Health Research and Policy, 3,
- Hong, C., Feinstein, B. A., Holloway, I. W., Yu, F., Huang, W., Sullivan, P. S., Siegler, A. J., Mi, G., 1945, Differences in Sexual Behaviors, HIV Testing, and Willingness to Use PrEP between Gay and Bisexual Men Who Have Sex with Men in China, International Journal of Sexual Health, ,