My research focuses on examining cardiovascular and respiratory effects of ambient air quality using population- and panel-based approaches. I lead several large-scale time-series studies of ambient air quality and acute morbidity, with specific interests in assessing the health impacts of air pollution, meteorological conditions, and weather extremes. My research also includes field investigations, with detailed exposure and health outcome data collected in panels of susceptible individuals.
Areas of Interest
- Air Pollution
- Climate and Health
- Exposure Assessment
- B.Sc. 1997, University of British Columbia
- M.Sc. 2000, University of British Columbia
- Sc.D. 2005, Harvard School of Public Health
- EH 530: Occuptionl/Environmtl Epi
- EH 596: Rsch.Design in Environm.Health
Affiliations & Activities
- Editorial Board Member, Epidemiology
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology
- Research Committee Member, Health Effects Institute-Energy
- Member, Health Effects Institute Review Panel on Ultrafine Particles. “Understanding the Health Effects of Ambient Ultrafine Particles. HEI Perspectives 3. Health Effects Institute, Boston, MA, January 2013”. Available here.
- Member, National Research Council’s ad hoc Committee on Urban Meteorology: Scoping the Problem, Defining the Needs. Final report: “National Research Council. Urban Meteorology: Forecasting, Monitoring, and Meeting Users' Needs. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2012”. Available here.
FULL PUBLICATION LISTS
- No Publications listed