Elizabeth Woodcock, MBA, FACMPE, CPC is the principal of Atlanta-based Woodcock & Associates. She is the co-author of The Physician Billing Process: Navigating Potholes on the Road to Getting Paid, an industry best-seller, plus 16 other practice management books. She is widely considered an industry leader in physician practice management, having focused on the segment for more than 25 years. She is frequently published and quoted in national publications including MGMA Connection and Medical Economics, and has led educational sessions for the American Medical Association, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Healthcare Business Management Association and many other professional associations.
Prior to founding Woodcock & Associates, Elizabeth worked as Group Practice Services Administrator at the University of Virginia Health Services Foundation, as a consultant for the Medical Group Management Association, as Director of Knowledge Management for Physicians Practice, Inc., and as a Senior Associate at The Advisory Board Company.
She is a Fellow in the American College of Medical Practice Executives and a Certified Professional Coder. In addition to a BA from Duke University, she completed a MBA degree in healthcare management from The Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania. She is currently a Health Policy and Management student in the doctoral program of the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Areas of Interest
- Health Management
- Bachelor of Arts 1992, Duke University
- Master of Business Administration 1999, The Wharton School of Business
- HPM 555: Care Mgmt Outpat.Setting
- HPM 560: Capstone-Strategic Management
- Woodcock, Elizabeth; Nokes, Donny; Bolton, Haley; Bartholomew, Daniel; Johnson, Elizabeth; Shakarchi, Ahmed F. , 2020, The Influence of the Scheduling Horizon on New Patient Arrivals, Journal of Ambulatory Care Management, 43, 221-229