The Emory Program in Cardiovascular Outcomes Research and Epidemiology (EPICORE) is a multidisciplinary research group concentrating on clinical and population epidemiology, clinical trials, and translational research in cardiovascular diseases and related disciplines.
Welcome to EPICORE
Main areas of interest include:
- Novel biomarkers of cardiovascular risk
- Subclinical cardiovascular disease
- Women’s health
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Genetic epidemiology
- Twin studies
- Cardiovascular outcomes research
- Psychosocial factors and the effect of mind-body interactions on health
Funding for research comes primarily from the National Institutes of Health, the American Heart Association, and philanthropic foundations.
Faculty affiliated with EPICORE are primarily from the Rollins School of Public Health (Epidemiology) and the School of Medicine (Cardiology, Psychiatry, and Radiology). Investigators collaborate with, contribute to, and utilize the intellectual and material resources of EPICORE.
Email: Lucy Shallenberger at email@example.com