Students may enter the Executive MPH program from a variety of professional backgrounds in the public and private sector and must have a minimum of three years of relevant professional experience. Students are only admitted in the fall semester. Submit your completed application in SOPHAS by July 1, 2018 for the fall 2018 class.
Admission is Based on:
- 3 years minimum full-time, paid work experience in a relevant field
- Completion of 4-year degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher education or its foreign equivalent.
- Abilities assessed by standardized test scores (Applied Epidemiology Track Only)
- Professional goals relevant to track choice
- Commitment to working in public health
EMPH students are only accepted in the fall semester.
Included in the SOPHAS application, applicants will need to submit the following materials:
- College transcripts (must have a 3.0 GPA minimum recommended; specific attention paid to grades in quantitative courses)
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE test (Applied Epidemiology Track Only) Score must be less than 5 years old. Minimum of 60th percentile score in each test area. These scores are approximately 156 verbal, 148 quantitative, and 3.5 analytical however this will vary; MCAT scores are also accepted.
- Statement of purpose tailored to your track of interest.
Tuition and Financial Aid
The 2018-2019 tuition rate for EMPH students who enroll in the 3 Course Schedule (Minimum of 6 hours per semester) is set at a flat rate of $11,300/semester. The 2018-2019 tuition rate for EMPH students who enroll in the 2 Course Schedule (4 hours per semester) is $1,700 per credit hour. Numerous scholarships and financial aid packages are available. Learn more>>
Special Standing Students
If you are interested in the EMPH program, but are unsure if it is the right fit for you, you may want to consider enrolling as a special standing/non-degree student.
To enroll, you must:
- Have at least 3 years experience
- Meet all prerequisites
- Take the online orientation (either PRS 500D or the stand-alone version)
ADAP: Allyson Bianchi
Your associate director of academic programs (ADAP), Allyson Bianchi, can assist with admissions and enrollment-related questions for prospective students.
Allyson Bianchi- Phone: 404-727-3358, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org