The Robert W.Woodruff Health Sciences Center joins those components of Emory University concerned with patient care, education of health professionals, research affecting health and illness, and policies for prevention and treatment of disease. The center is named for Robert W. Woodruff, a man whose vision and generosity left a lasting imprint on Emory and the city of Atlanta. The center consists of the following components: Emory University School of Medicine, Rollins School of Public Health, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University Hospital, Crawford Long Hospital, Wesley Woods Center, Emory-Adventist Hospital, and The Emory Clinic.
"The tripartite and interdependent mission of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center is:
- Through research, to create new knowledge in the basic biomedical and clinical health sciences and apply that knowledge to improve health and health care services.
- Through education, to provide programs of excellence to students and professional trainees in the biological sciences, medicine, nursing, and public health.
- Through health care services, to improve methods of prevention, treatment and health care delivery and to provide the highest quality health care to our patients and our communities."
The Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center encompasses those components of Emory University responsible for patient care, education of health professionals, research affecting health and illness, and policies for prevention and treatment of disease.
Affiliated Schools, Centers, and Facilities of the Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center
- The Robert W. Woodruff Health Sciences Center
- Office of Health Sciences Communications
- Woodruff Health Sciences Center Library
- Emory School of Medicine
- Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
- Rollins School of Public Health
- Winship Cancer Institute
- Yerkes National Primate Research Center
Patient Care At Emory
- Emory Healthcare - www.emoryhealthcare.org
- Emory University Hospital - EUH
- Emory University Hospital Midtown
- Adult and Geriatric Psychiatric Care